Prices and specifications subject to change without notice.
The Scout Includes:
NEW! Steadicam Scout
The Steadicam® Scout® incorporates the same revolutionary Steadicam features that won the coveted DV Professional Association’s “Best of Show” at NAB.
“Style, functionality, flexibility and affordability” all wrapped within the new Steadicam Scout®. A combination of innovative features derived from our popular PILOT®, FLYER®, ZEPHYR® and ARCHER2 Steadicam systems now allows it to “Excel in the range of operating possibilities,” said Frank Rush, VP, General Manager of Steadicam.
A new innovative approach to camera stabilizer design, the Steadicam Scout® has uncompromising quality and all the necessary features to get the job done at an affordable price.
• 5-18 lb. (2.3 - 8kg) camera payload capacity.
• No-tools adjustable Iso-Elastic™ arm
• Dual axis vernier adjustable stage
• Unparalleled inertial control and dynamically adjustable base
The Scout vest is a continuation of the comfortable
The new tools-free patented Iso-Elastic™ stabilizer arm supports 18 pounds (8kg) of camera weight. The no-tools Arm/Vest interface allows for quick customization to the individual operator. “On the fly” weight adjustment frees the operator from dismounting the system to make changes. The open design of the arm has freedom of movement unknown in this weight class and the Scout's adjustable and interchangeable arm post assembly is a feature usually found on more expensive systems. The 2-section arm can also be separated for compact storage and transport.
The new 7" Scout Steadicam color LCD monitor features enhanced image quality and a wide viewing angle. Even under bright sunlight this monitor is ideal for field production use.
The Scout light weight aluminum dovetail stage
• Standard composite BNC video input connector and RCA output connector
• Standard 3-pin LEMO power in/out connectors on the base and stage
• Standard 7" LCD and choice of Anton Bauer
or V-lock battery mounts
• Rigid aluminum monitor/battery rod easily adjusts for quick set-ups and is easily removable for compact storage
• Single knob rod release for quick set-ups
• Independently adjustable battery and monitor mounts for dynamic balance adjustability
• Tilting and rotationally indexed monitor mount
• Inertial control and adjustability via standard Steadicam Merlin type balance weights
• Balance control via standard ¼-20 mounting hole at
the base of the sled and additional balance weights
• Anton Bauer or V-lock battery compatible
• Telescopic, indexed carbon fiber main post with
internal safety line
• Standard 7” composite LCD
• No tools post clamp
• Knurled gimbal grip with ergonomic handle
• Rigid low profile aluminum frame XY vernier stage
• Drop in standard dovetail plate design with fore-aft safety stops